Backup Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
I just switched my iMac at the apple store due to a hardware issue. After setting my system up at home, I downloaded and installed the Backup utility from the .Mac webpage. I used this utility to backup files from my HDD to my iDisk on my last system without any issues.

Now when I run the utility it states:
Your Home Directory Configuration isn't Supported
The path to your home directory contains an alias, which isn't supported by Backup"

So my question is, how do I find am alias located in my home directory? I looked in my Documents, Movies, Pictures, and Music for something that looks out of place, but couldn't find anything,

What is wierd is I got this msg before I ever started to copy anything over to my system. Right after I did the initial setup, I went to .Mac to retrieve the software, and after install I got that msg.

Thanks,
Ray

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.