Batch Rotate Photos 180 degrees

Reaction score
Hi all-
Need something that will let me batch rotate photos 180 degrees at a time. Doing it 90 at a time is not practical for my needs. Obviously I would prefer something freeware, but something good and fast is what I ultimately need. Thanks in advance for your help!
Blue skies-
Jeff

Reaction score
Preview that came on your Mac will do Batch rotate. Select all the photos you want to rotate or the folder that contains the files and drag to the dock and drop on Preview, it will open with all the photos in the side bar, then do "command + A" to select all and then do a "command + R" twice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u need to do it often then you set up a workflow in Automator that will do it. In fact someone is bound to have done one and posted it - try googling for it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Was able to get from "point A to point B" with Preview, but that was certainly the long way. Automator definitely seems like the answer but I am missing something. I think I have it basically set up right, but can't get the wheels turning. While I am very PC proficient, I am a 3 day old new-born with the Mac. Ideas, hints, or suggestions???
Thanks all.

Reaction score
Was able to get from "point A to point B" with Preview, but that was certainly the long way. Automator definitely seems like the answer but I am missing something. I think I have it basically set up right, but can't get the wheels turning. While I am very PC proficient, I am a 3 day old new-born with the Mac. Ideas, hints, or suggestions???
Thanks all.

3 clicks is the long way around ??? Hold the command key down and hit the A key and while still holding the command hit R twice.. It took less than 3 seconds to drag a folder with 124 photos and drop on Preview in the dock and click 3 times, I just don't see how it could get much faster.

OP
F
Reaction score
I probably did a poor job of describing what I actually needed to do. The GOOD news is...I figured out how to get it done in Automator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!! Thanks all.

C

chas_m

The ACDSee in my signature, even at this early beta stage, could have done this very rapidly.

However, I'm very glad to hear you found out how to do it in Automator. Automator is a sadly neglected, yet quite powerful, tool more Mac users should take advantage of. High five.

Reaction score
Hi, I want to rotate Canon photo RAW files (.cr2) anyone know how to do this in finder please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.