Flightstick not compatible?

Reaction score
Bought a CombatStick 568 to use on my G4 1.25G MDD to run flight sim games in classic mode (A-10 Attack, etc.). The device, according to CH Products it is supposed to a plug and play on an OS 9 or 10 Mac. The only caveat is the control panel for the stick is not compatible.

The stick is recognized in the System Profiler, but nowhere in any application. Even the old ADB Flight Stick Pro was completely compatible. At launch the stick would control the cursor.

The new stick connected to a USB port on the computer cannot be found in either OS X or OS 9 Classic.

Is this device incompatible with Mac OS in spite of CH Product's claims or is there some trick to get it to be recognized by the system?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Try using USB Overdrive. It lets you configure almost any USB device to your liking.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll try that. I'm just wondering if that will make any difference when the computer doesn't seem to recognize the joy stick in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you. I'll try that. I'm just wondering if that will make any difference when the computer doesn't seem to recognize the joy stick in the first place.

Well by all means let us know if it does or doesn't make a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you are still having troubles with that joystick, I can now recommend a much better utility. I ran into trouble using a gamepad when I recently decided to set up my Mac mini in the living room for some casual gaming. If the game didn't recognize the gamepad, it wouldn't work. USB Overdrive surprisingly wouldn't recognize it either. I finally tried ControllerMate and got it working splendidly. It's not intuitive to configure by any means, and you will need to read their tutorials, but it is easily the most flexible and customizable tool I could find.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.