itunes and mp3s not importing

Reaction score
just got a new ipod after years being without. so i think i am importing mp3s from disks i burned but when i go to sync up, all the mp3s didnt import or something and i was left with only the wav files that imported and i guess converted to apples aac version?

what setting do i change to in import cds to get my mp3s to work on itunes and sync to my ipod touch?

yeah they are tunes i burned on different computers in the past.
they work fine in home stereos and cars that play mp3s but wont import into itunes.

when you say add them, i assume you mean go under file and add folder or files to itunes.

i do that it adds the names of the songs into itunes and will equalize the sound levels too if u ask it and it will play the songs but they r not imported and only play from the disk.

as soon as i remove the mp3 disk the question marks appear beside each song in the playlist that i try to play , that was just on the disk and it will no longer play.

i have tried this on my moms new mac desktop and its the very same similar thing on my home desktop.

am i doing something wrong or will i ever be able to add all my mp3s to itunes then sync it to my itouch?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.