Earbuds?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
LOL, I was considering buying those as well very recently. Like a 2 weeks ago. Then I read reviews on it...and they seem pretty negative.

The red rubbery strips apparently chips off and breaks after awhile... that's a no go for me already. The earpiece is very long apparently so if you don't have deep ear canals you aren't going to get a comfortable fit. They will stick out quite a bit and cause sound leakage.

Linky to review.

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
LOL, I was considering buying those as well very recently. Like a 2 weeks ago. Then I read reviews on it...and they seem pretty negative.

The red rubbery strips apparently chips off and breaks after awhile... that's a no go for me already. The earpiece is very long apparently so if you don't have deep ear canals you aren't going to get a comfortable fit. They will stick out quite a bit and cause sound leakage.

Linky to review.

Haha. I suppose your right. Any recommendations at all?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Haha. I suppose your right. Any recommendations at all?

Well I ended up getting a headset by Klipsch and it was only 99 dollars. They are really good at noise canceling. People are talking to me and I can't even hear them, and I have the sound on very low.

If you look around that website that I linked it has reviews and recommendations.

Reaction score
I'm buying the Beats by Dre Solo Headphones. I'll continue using my Apple Earbuds for the in-ear portability, but in terms of a good quality headphone, I'm definitely getting the Solo Headphones.

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
Yeah I really like those beat earbuds.

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
I'm buying the Beats by Dre Solo Headphones. I'll continue using my Apple Earbuds for the in-ear portability, but in terms of a good quality headphone, I'm definitely getting the Solo Headphones.

Are the studios worth paying more for?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I heard they suck, but they are better than the ones that come with iPods.

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
I'm also looking around for some earbuds with iPhone controls/mic. A friend has the higher end Apple ones and likes them a lot. Has anyone else tried those?

Apple In Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic | Small Dog Electronics

Well this particular model of earbuds by beats happens to have Control talk. Tour with ControlTalk? High Definition In-Ear Headphones ? Beats by Dr. Dre by Monster I'm sure you can get it for cheaper on another website like amazon though.

Reaction score
The studio Beats by Dre have a very nice sound to them, but I'm not quite sure if they're worth the $300 price tag..

I saw they were on sale for about $250 or $260 on Amazon.com the other day though, which would be a bit better. I tried them out at a demo Best Buy had set up and was really impressed with the sound..

The solo version has nearly the same sound quality, except it doesn't feature noise-canceling. If that doesn't bother you, you may want to take a look at them.. Only $179.

My friend has the in-ear Beats by Dre and likes them, but he really wants to upgrade to one of the head phones. However, he's never really been a fan of in-ears, so take that for what it's worth.

Like I previously said, I'll more than likely be buying the Solos, unless the Studios are still $240 when I'm ready to buy them. Amazon.com: Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (Black): Electronics

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Looking at the prices of some of these earbuds...you guys must be made of gold!;)

- Nick

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
I starting to lean more towards taking a hit on the studios

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
Sennheiser CX-500, very good, very durable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
OP, you don't like the "mash into the ear" ones but my Shure 210's are GREAT, for those that like the squishy ones.

Reaction score
Klipsch is definitely worth the price. The quality is good and they fit perfectly in the ear. All the best!

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
Looks like I'm going to try the In-ear beats. I hope they work for me but at least I can return them if they don't.

OP
Fretboard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.53Ghz
I really like the Beats. If you want bass these are for you + detailed highs.

Reaction score
OP, you don't like the "mash into the ear" ones but my Shure 210's are GREAT, for those that like the squishy ones.

I've heard good things about Shure, but they have always been out of my price range. I personally use a fairly inexpensive pair of Sony in-ear buds I received them as a gift, but they probably only run $30 or so. Decent quality and sound. I don't use the ones that came with my ipod & iphone. Regular earbuds and my ears don't mix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.