iTunes: exact artist match?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
OK I have a simple problem. Let's say I am in my main library, and I want to only listen to a single artist. Simple enough, right? Well, one band I have a lot of music by is called Soil. I also have a lot of music by a band called Soilwork. Typing in "Soil" brings up all songs by both bands. So I tried putting quotes around the name to only do an exact match but it didn't work. Any tricks I'm not realizing?

J

Jefe3223

you could hit "browse" and then type soil whilest in the browse box. This will be only music by that band.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Jefe3223 said:
you could hit "browse" and then type soil whilest in the browse box. This will be only music by that band.
i'm not sure that'll work Jefe.

gort: I guess u'll have to select the artist in the browse box, i don't think searching will be any more effective...
selecting the artist would probably be the best thing to do. :headphone

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Thanks guys, for some reason I didn't even know the browse button existed! I guess it just looked like an icon rather than a clickable button. That did the trick. Must be the fact that I've only been a mac user less than a year and I'm used to PC's and their "less than obvious" ways of working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.