iDVD.... Question about iDVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Im asking this question because Im not 100% sure about it. Sorry if this may be stupid.

Does iDVD come with Tiger or is it a program that must be purchased? I couldn't find it in my OS anywhere. Also, I looked around but couldn't find it to be purchased by-its-self, maybe Im wrong. I did find it to be included in iLife. Do I need to purchase iLife to to get iDVD? Or is there a better DVD burning software? Popcorn is another option Im looking into.

Thanks for the replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iLife is not included in Tiger so you will need to purchase it. You can't purchase iDVD by itself it is only in the iLife package. The only iLife programs that you can get without purchasing iLife is iTunes (Free download).

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aight thanks for the info. I'll check out Apple to see if they have it. I may just buy Popcorn instead anyway. Doing some research now on what a good DVD copying program is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
iLife (including iDVD) is still delivered with every Mac, so you might have it on your software restore DVD.

Anyway, iDVD is a DVD authoring software, not for DVD-copying or burning data on a DVD.
You can make nice looking DVDs of your home-made videos and/or photos with it, and burn them on DVD, but you cannot use it to burn for example a backup-DVD from your data, or from another DVD.

For that purpose, Roxio's Toast is quite a good choice...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon said:
iLife (including iDVD) is still delivered with every Mac, so you might have it on your software restore DVD.

Anyway, iDVD is a DVD authoring software, not for DVD-copying or burning data on a DVD.
You can make nice looking DVDs of your home-made videos and/or photos with it, and burn them on DVD, but you cannot use it to burn for example a backup-DVD from your data, or from another DVD.

For that purpose, Roxio's Toast is quite a good choice...
So its of no use to me. Also, I just upgraded to Tiger so Im not sure its on the Tiger CD. I could be wrong.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
TTheInfamous1 said:
So its of no use to me. Also, I just upgraded to Tiger so Im not sure its on the Tiger CD. I could be wrong.
Thanks.

No, it's not on the Tiger DVD. But you could still install it from the Software restore DVD that came with your Mac

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon said:
No, it's not on the Tiger DVD. But you could still install it from the Software restore DVD that came with your Mac
Ahh, I see.. But still of no use to me.
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.