It just works.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I have a little interesting story for you. I just got back from vacation in Finland and while I was there, I went ahead and bought my friends iPhone 3G from him since he was looking to sign up with another Finnish carrier. He bought it from the Czech Republic back in September. I figured, ah what the hey, I'll take it home and try to unlock and ebay it for some extra cash or whatever. Anyways, here's where it's interesting. I get home and throw in my T Mobile sim card and it connects to T Mobile just fine. I was curious and borrowed my aunts at&t sim card and found the same results. He didn't jailbreak or unlock the device, he didn't even know what Cydia was until I described it to him. Is this just an odd case of unlock-a-cidis? In any event, I plan on keeping the iPhone now since no warranty-voiding process needs to be done to use this on T Mobile. I don't have much of a point to all this, just thought it was interesting is all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
There are legally unlocked iPhones available even here in the States. Maybe they're sold that way in Europe?

OP
Calijoefornia
Reaction score
There are legally unlocked iPhones available even here in the States. Maybe they're sold that way in Europe?

Well, from what I understood there are no factory unlocked iPhones in the US but I looked on Apple's site and all the iPhones sold in the CZ are unlocked. It's good to know! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Actually many countries sell them unlocked or will unlock them for you.

Russia
Hong Kong
Belgium
Italy
Australia
Greece
UK
Ireland
Romania

to name a few.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.