Only apple apps won't work on a wifi network while all others do!

Reaction score
hey everybody!

(I hope I am posting this correctly since it is my first post here in this forum) :)

I have an ethernet and a wireless internet connection.
With the wired connection everything works fine but when I use a wireless connection ( I have tried this with two t-mobile wireless networks in germany at my own house and at a friend's house) all the apple aplications won't be able to acces the internet.
e.g. firefox is working flawlessly while safari and itunes won't connect :(

thanks for your help, really apreciate it
dave

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is a real dozy of a problem as since Firefox works fine Via WiFi, Safari should also. I have never seen OSX with a Mac Notebook do that. I will search around and see what I can find. Does email work? Chat?

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. Problem still persists. No, Mail does not work. ( Now I am using Thunderbird instead :S

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. No now I have to use thunderbird because Mail doesn't work :s
I think it might be some problem with the configuration but still can't find an answers

thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.