Received the refurbished Macbook Pro today!

OP
JeremyZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
Thanks chas. Another guy mentioned it earlier too. Those are super-useful shortcuts. Command + up is better than space or Shift + space because it will work in all applications, not just Safari.

Another super-useful one for me was fn + delete, which = forward delete from a PC. (Macbook Pros omit that key, sadly)

Reaction score
Already, I miss the Pg Up, Pg Dn, Home, and End buttons though.
I would too. Hard to believe (I know) but this is one of the things that keep me from buying a Mac. I often find myself using just my right hand to type (I'm obviously not a touch-typist) and use the dedicated Home and End keys ALL THE TIME.

Bottom line for me: I sincerely wish the MBPs came with dedicated Home and End keys. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
-- ignore this post --

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Thanks. I meant to say "Yes, I know there are keyboard shortcuts, but I sincerely wish the MBPs came with dedicated Home and End keys."

yeah, that just popped into my brain, slow thinking at the moment, my mistake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I bought mine refurbished also. Look and operate like brand spanking new. I can't tell the difference. Congrats!

I was confident in buying refurbished MBP from Apple cause I had bought a refurb iPod from them before and there was no difference between the new ones except the serial number label. I haven't had any problem with my iPod either 3+ yrs

(Firefox) BTW, I missed Home and End too until I realized the 3 fingers swipe up and down replaces Home and End! Very convenience!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow! First of all congrats! I didn't know that the refurb macs come in such good packaging...I'll have to go kick myself now for getting a new one....stupid stupid! lol

OP
JeremyZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
My wife wants to buy one too now, but they don't have any 13" pros in stock any more. They have a 1.6 GHz Air for $1100 now though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
My wife wants to buy one too now, but they don't have any 13" pros in stock any more. They have a 1.6 GHz Air for $1100 now though...

Check back once a week. They will have it back in stock. I had to wait on them before I can order mine. My guess is we're buying display models from their Apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.