replacing macbook pro superdrive?

Reaction score
ok so my macbook pro's superdrive/ cd dvd burner went out quite awhile ago and im finally able to take some time to try and get it fixed is this a hard procedure to do? can anybody tell me if this is possible to do on my own or does it have to be done by a apple dealer? i'd like to just do this on my own so i can learn something and to save a lil money. please help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Obviously if your machine is still under warranty or Apple care, you would want Apple to do the job. Assuming it's not..... the best place to learn how to replace the drive (and purchase a new one - exact replacement) is from the folks at iFixit: Apple Mac, MacBook, iPod, and iPhone Repair Parts.

They have some very good step by step procedures which you can look over before attempting or deciding if you want to do the job yourself. And no, it's not that difficult if you have patience and can follow directions.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
this sight is nice yes but very overpriced as i found a brand new super drive on ebay for less than half of there price and i do not see a walk through for replacing this part :( super drive model number is GSA-S10N for a macbook pro 15.4 inch 2.4 ghz

OP
G
Reaction score
ok so i did find the repair guide for this thanks much looks easy enough to do and i think ill be trying this myself

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.