Attachments .wmv files disappeared

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Ver. 10.5.6, Intel 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 Ram
Hello,

I have made some sort of misconfiguration in Mail. Before when I would get an email with an attachment with a .wmv file it would show in the body of the message and I could click on it and it would play. Now the attachment is not shown in the body of the message. I have to click on 'save' and save the message to my computer and then open it. Also now if I 'attach' a .wmv to an outgoing email I'm composing it does not show in the message body.

Other file attachment types are fine, just not .wmv files.

Any idea on what I can do to change this back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I don't know if this really has anything to do with your problem, but try installing the latest Flip4Mac on your machine. I know that wmv files won't play in Quicktime without Flip4Mac, and perhaps that has some effect on Mail's ability to show the attachments.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Ver. 10.5.6, Intel 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 Ram
I don't know if this really has anything to do with your problem, but try installing the latest Flip4Mac on your machine. I know that wmv files won't play in Quicktime without Flip4Mac, and perhaps that has some effect on Mail's ability to show the attachments.

Hi VegasGeorge,

Well, I certainly had my doubts, as I already had Flip4Mac installed, but I thought what the heck. Downloaded and re-installed it and... it now works as before!

Thanks so much!

Triplesea

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.