Opinions plz

Reaction score
Hi im a new member, already have an Ipod & considering getting a macbook for small business use. Any advice for which 1 to go for??

Is there a section in the forrum where I can get experts for advice??

Thanks ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
That's a little hard to say for 2 reasons.

1. We don't know what you want to with for Macook. Why we need to know is so we can use this information to gauge which macbook/macbook pro os best for you.

2. We also don't know what kind of price range you have for this macbook.

I can say if you want to do any video/photo editing work I would suggest one with a dedicated graphocs card. But past that when we have info about points 1 and 2 then we can give you a good gauge at the best mac for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
hello Christine, it really depends on what suits you best, if you want a 13" screen or the bigger 15" ... but most of all what you're planning to do with your computer

for mail, web and document management any basic spec Mac will do ... but as your tasks get more demanding a faster machine might be appropriate, by more demanding I mean some sort of development, movie editing and so on

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Christine. I have a 13" & am satisfied with it. But like the others said, it depends what you want to do with it.

Ginny

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there a section in the forrum where I can get experts for advice??

Thanks ;-)

I wanna know where this section is as well...where do the "experts" hang out!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I wanna know where this section is as well...where do the "experts" hang out!;)

- Nick

experts don't hang out, why would they, they're the experts :D they have their hands full :D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Need more info. >_>" Please define "expert advice." As well as what software you are planning to use. Just saying that you are using a MB for a small business is kind of vague.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.