iPhone refuses to sync with iBook G3...

Reaction score
Used iBook G3, I downloaded the latest version of iTunes to my computer... my iPhone recognizes the computer and the computer recognizes the iPhone (somewhat) but will not sync. I get an error message!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
K

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Used iBook G3, I downloaded the latest version of iTunes to my computer... my iPhone recognizes the computer and the computer recognizes the iPhone (somewhat) but will not sync. I get an error message!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
K

- Have you been able to Sync your iPhone with this G3 iBook before?

- Or is this the first time you have tried to "sync" with this particular computer?

- What version of iTunes do you have on the G3 Laptop?

- What Mac OS version is your G3 laptop running?

- What version of the iPhone do you have?

Lots of questions that need lots of answers before we can narrow things down to the possible problem.

- Nick

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You might be getting that error message because the system requirements for iTunes 9.0.2 state that you need the following: "Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 processor." Your iBook G3 therefore does not meet the system requirements. If you click the "G3 Mac Users" link at the bottom, you are directed to this Apple KB article for downloading iTunes 8.2.1.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You might be getting that error message because the system requirements for iTunes 9.0.2 state that you need the following: "Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 processor." Your iBook G3 therefore does not meet the system requirements.

That's sort of the route I was heading with my earlier questions, and I had my suspicions that a G3 laptop was a bit on the older side & there may be a problem with the versions of the software being used.;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.