Lost my mail...help

Reaction score
Could somebody please tell me how i get my mail back on my imac as my son has deleted it from the trash as he thought it would only not appear on his own user page. i just cannot seem to find it to download again. Please bear in mind my limited computer knowledge lol

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check first with your ISP. If you did not select the option to remove mail from the server after it was downloaded, it's possible copies can be downloaded again. This depends solely on who your ISP is. Some do not store copies after they're downloaded regardless of what option you chose.

Other than that, once files or mail are removed from the trash they're gone. It's possible to recover deleted files and mail by using specialized software. If you wish to go that route, stop using your hard drive immediately and download a trial copy of recovery software.

I recommend "Stellar Data Recovery". You can download a trial copy of the software to see if it can find the deleted email. If it can, you will then have to register the software to enable it. A bit pricey but worth it. It saved me from losing a whole CD of valuable photos.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you. could i clarify that im not bothered about my emails as ive got mobile me so can get my mail online, its the actual application of mail so i can just click it on my dock.If that makes sense

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.