iMac airport trouble

Reaction score
I just purchased a new iMac and I can't get it connected to my airport. For some reason I can't get my airport on the iMac to turn on. Can anyone help? I am able to use Ethernet, but no wifi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi and welcome to the Forum. More info needed - what OS are you on? Airport that is providing Network, is it an Express or an Extreme and did u set it up. Which laptop do u have?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have an airport extreme that has already been set up. It is working fine with my old power book. But when I took my iMac out of the box to setup I didn't get an airport signal. The Imac can access the Internet if It is connected to the airport extreme with a cat5 cable. I tried everything but I was not able to get a signal from the airport. Is there away to enable and disable the wifi on the iMac? I don't know. At work right now and not sure if I can get home in time to get through to AppleCare. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What happens if you go to Airport in MenuBar and select that drop down - can you see the Network there?

OP
S
Reaction score
Dont see anything. Someone was telling me that the airport card might be loose. What r the chances of that happening on a brand new iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.