Need help with connecting Macbook to displays

Reaction score
I have a fully functioning macbook with a broken screen. It's entirely black and I can't see anything. Is there a way to connect this macbook to another macbook and use the 2nd Macbook as a display?

If not, how would I go about connecting the broken macbook to a PC monitor and setting it as the display if I can't see anything on the macbook's screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
I am not sure about using another macbook as a screen, but you can definitely use an external screen.

Make sure your macbook is off and hook up the external screen.
Turn on the external screen
Open the lid and press the power button once on the macbook and QUICKLY close the cover.
The Macbook will boot up using the external screen.
-NOTE- The macbook will not boot to an external screen unless the power adapter is attached. It will not boot to an external screen with just battery power.

Hope this helps!!

OP
M
Reaction score
I am not sure about using another macbook as a screen, but you can definitely use an external screen.

Make sure your macbook is off and hook up the external screen.
Turn on the external screen
Open the lid and press the power button once on the macbook and QUICKLY close the cover.
The Macbook will boot up using the external screen.
-NOTE- The macbook will not boot to an external screen unless the power adapter is attached. It will not boot to an external screen with just battery power.

Hope this helps!!

what would i need to connect it to a pc monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
You will have some type of output on the side of the macbook. What is the model number of your macbook? (on bottom)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.