The Red Screen of Death

Reaction score
so i was recently doing some "illegal" downloading....and i noticed something wrong with my mac. nothing really happending until i skyping with someone who has a PC and then the next day, I have a red tint. Someone i know was calling it "The Red Screen of Death" ? please help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
as far as I'm aware, there is no red screen of death ... catchy name though :D

try to switch your color profile, maybe it got changed, although how that would happen I rly don't know

go to system preferences/displays
select the color tab
there you can select different color profiles for your lcd, mine is set to the default (i believe) of Color LCD

try this out if it helps, however however illegal your downloads were, I'm guessing movie/game torrents or rapidshare and stuff, there is no way that would change your screen tint to red :D

OP
M
Reaction score
no im serious. i just restarted my mac and now its not even working...im totally LICKING LOLLYPOPS. IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU DO NOT RESTART. ive been searching and cantt find nething online about it....my warrenty is void tho....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Maybe your GPU pooped out on you.

When you power up your computer, does it make any noise?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.