Will you buy an iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
So are you going to buy an iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I'm planning on picking up the 16GB Wifi only version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No, but not because it's weird, because it's somewhat pointless IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Yes, in the near future. This may be a great alternative to using multiple notebooks. Considering all the useful Apps in the Apple store, it would be a great planner where I could keep track of all my assignments and notes. I could even take snapshots of articles on the web and save them to use for references.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz 4GB RAM 320 GB HD
I'm going to say an eventual and hesitant yes, 3g model. I won't be an early adopter, I'll wait for the iPad 2, or iPad Pro, or whatever. I've been burned as an early adopter before and have learned my lesson. For example, I'm glad I waited for the Kindle 2. That said, for the first gen: it looks pretty slick, good battery life, good features... I wouldn't turn one down if it was offered to me. But I'm going to wait for now.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Definitely is on my list, probably with wi-fi only. Too big for carrying about for me and will be keeping our iPhones for out and about usage we may require.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I imagine I will later in the year and probably will get the 3G version. I reckon that I'll be using it for reading at University and general entertainment. Bit easier than using my MBP there.

Reaction score
No. I was hoping this would be like some of those "slate" computers... Touch screen, but also be able to write or draw on it with your finger or a stylus and have the option to be able to convert your notes to text. Having an iphone and a macbook makes me think that the iPad is pretty pointless as is. If it had those writing capabilities then it could be great for taking notes at school or at work, circling things or making comments in keynote presentations, etc. Also, if I were to consider buying this in the future it would need to have a flash player (with a beautiful and big screen like that seems like a waste not to be able to watch shows on Hulu or other TV websites). I'd also like to see a camera/webcam for on-the-go video chatting/ conferencing or skype calls. Anyone else a little dissappointed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'll wait until more features are introduced and prices are dropped and storage is increased.
I don't think prices are unreasonable or anything. I don't need the 3G unless it didn't require a monthly plan through a wireless carrier. As I understand it, the Kindle is 3G and you don't have to pay monthly charges. ???
Anyways, it's cool but not a necessity by any means. I could see its usefulness on a plane or to take on a trip when you don't want to pack the notebook.
I can wait and see what improvements come out in the following year(s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm only interested in the 16gb Wifi version. Considering the kindle dx is $500+, it seems like a better deal. It will be a very useful for me in class since I have to take quick notes, and always use Numbers. I think it could come in handy. I won't be getting it right away though. I wan't to see what the first adopters think of it, and possibly wait for the first upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram GMA X3100
No, I'll be waiting to see just what kind of apps are made for it. If there's some sort of app to be able to store all your sheet music and then read it off of the screen that would be awesome for musicians like me. Also, I'm looking for them to add a camera in the next product update. The iPad is begging to be used for skype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No, I'll be waiting to see just what kind of apps are made for it. If there's some sort of app to be able to store all your sheet music and then read it off of the screen that would be awesome for musicians like me. Also, I'm looking for them to add a camera in the next product update. The iPad is begging to be used for skype.

That's an awesome idea. You should patent it.

Reaction score
no..there isn't anything it can do my iphone can't.

actually, my iphone does MORE than the ipad does...

not saying a giant sized ipod touch isn't a bad thing, it is just far too feature-less for me to want it. I will be putting the money I was intending to spend on this ipad towards the new macbook pros once they refresh that product line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
"I don't know yet, Steve's mind control isn't working right"

I'm waiting for v2.0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Yup, I'm pretty geeked about it. Probably will get the 16 gig wireless only.

I have held off on getting a Kindle for quite a while now because I wanted to see what this gizmo was going to be like, and I'm glad I did. I do like the electronic ink on the dedicated e-readers, but for anything other than pure text it comes up short. The web-browsing and iWork features on the Pad more than make up for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - C2D 1.83GHz, 2GB, 320G HDD
I haven't decided yet. I will probably get one (WiFi only) for my wife, but I think an MacBook Pro would be better suited for my needs... it will largely depend on what I think of the device after actually putting my hands on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerPC G4 533Mhz, 2010 MBP 13" Intel core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 350M GPU, 250GB HDD.
ill get one when the 3G version is the benchmark, and all the original design flaws have been identified and treated.

still rather have a MBP, though.

Lex

Reaction score
My first thought was like why would people use this thing. But then again... this is targeting business people I think. If you think about it this is a great device. Basically if you take unlimited 3G network, you will have internet everywhere to access your emails. A lot will depend on what kind of apps will be created for it. Downside of this thing to me is that it doesn't have a camera (like in a macbook, not the iphone).

My vote: no I will not buy it because I have a macbook that I cary everywhere...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm going to pass on this as well. Maybe when they do a product refresh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.