Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs

Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking for a program to make labels for CDs and DVDs. Does anyone have any positive experiences with any label printing programs that work with either 10.5 or 10.4?

thanks

Reaction score
Use and like Click'NDesign 3D. Thirty day free trial is available"-

MyMac Magazine • Macintosh • iPod • iPhone • Apple TV
Hi Harry,

The link on that page (the one you've linked to) is a dead link and TBH I don't think the product is available any longer.

**EDIT** I thought I was being helpful by googling and found a softpedia page which offered an alternative download link, but it was a windows .exe file, so I deleted the link I previously added. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Use our search engine. I posted a load of links in another thread about this. I'm not searching for you though.......

Reaction score
Use our search engine. I posted a load of links in another thread about this. I'm not searching for you though.......

Was this reply meant for me?!? Just wondering, because the answer seems to come across a little tersely. (and yes, I have now searched your posts; all 11 pages of them and didn't see anything)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Reaction score
No, it's not dead (reposted) MyMac Magazine • Macintosh • iPod • iPhone • Apple TV and the product is OS X compatible. Perhaps try the link in a different browser (I use Camino). Read the review though, it doesn't come across as ... umm ... favourable.

Hi Hugh,

I'm sorry if I mislead, but it wasn't harry's link that I meant in my previous post, but the link on that review page, namely http://www.stompinc.com/cnd3d/cnd3d_mac_retail.phtml?stp which, when clicked, results in a 404 (page not found) error.

And yes, I agree, that "review" doesn't exactly sing the products praises. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.

Agreed, unless you buy ink jet printable discs, and have the equipment to use them, you are better off not sticking labels on the discs. Drives are fickle things, designed to take discs of a set thickness. Adding a label messes with this, and if they start to peel in the warmth of the drive, you're in trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

BAM

Agreed, unless you buy ink jet printable discs, and have the equipment to use them, you are better off not sticking labels on the discs. Drives are fickle things, designed to take discs of a set thickness. Adding a label messes with this, and if they start to peel in the warmth of the drive, you're in trouble.

BAM
Felt tip pens are the best for labelling
Straight out of drive and name it whilst still fresh n your mind !!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.