• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Is the Apple iPad a flop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I'm 20 minutes into the Keynote. I have to say, I completely disagree to anyone who says the iPad is like the iPod touch/iPhone.
There just really is no comparison to an iPod/iPhone. . .

Now where did you here that mate ??? I have the proof that it is just like iPod touch/iPhone ..... ;P

20100201-xg5r47s6rwxq8rkdshg3pwx2iy.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Hahaha nice pic ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Nice pic. That one's been floating around a lot. I posted it on this forum elsewhere a few days ago and since I've seen it crop up everywhere.

Reaction score
yes, the ipad will be a big flop

The ipad is and will be a big disappointment. The ipad is nothing else then a super sized ipod touch or iphone. It’s not a real tablet computer as, similar to iphone, anything you want to run on it is controlled by apple. It does not let you run flash as you would on a real tablet computer for example. That was even shown in Steve Jobs presentation! It does not let you run a 3rd party application, nada, so it won’t be useful for business purpose. They don’t use Intel cpu’s, as they are afraid that somebody will try to run windows on it. Sorry, but this will be another apple flop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ It's amazing that people who hate something so much will waste their day registering for websites just to talk more about something they really hate. Do they not see how sad and pathetic that is?

I guarantee this guy is an Engadget or Gizmodo commenter.

I like checking out those sites because the Apple/iPad posts get huge comment blitzes by people hating on the products, but fail to see how lame they are for wasting time and energy reading posts and making those comments.

Reaction score
I'm reading a lot about the lack of multitasking on the iPad. It's there (as some of you have mentioned), just not like you'd expect. You can:

Music-most any other app (provided it doesn't kill it)
Safari-Music (not last.fm or anything similar)
Mail-anything (runs in background when connected to internet)
"Phone Home" (fetching)

And specifically for iPhone (as you iPhone users will have likely encountered)

Talking on the phone while doing other things (other than listening to music of course) is easily possible (heck that AT&T commercial shows that).

Now, this is the iPad. Sure, it may be "an oversized, over hyped iPod touch", but it does a helluva lot more than you think..and more than an iPod touch will ever do (just wait a year, the Apps specifically for iPad's version of the iPhone OS will begin to trickle in).

Now to use Wattpad on this amazing device. I hate reading books on my iPod touch through Wattpad.

I'll add that Apple should include in the next iPhone OS update (for iPhone and iPod touch) the backgrounds on the Home Screen. Black is okay, but..well, after seeing the background on the iPad...eh Apple? There's zillion other things that I've read about what Apple should include in the next major iPhone OS update(s), most of it came a day or two before the iPad's announcement.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that link to that article. Sure that article is a little satiricle about Apple and tie ipad but otherwise it's a brilliant read. I would really urge everyone to read that article. It says what most people are feeling so well.

So if you have not read it, read it now.

yes it is clearly written satirically, mr brooker is a well known miserable git. however he does make valid and well thought out points.....which is a continuing source of irration to whoever he has in the crosshairs for any given article:D

Reaction score
iPAD? I will wait till it has proper USB ports, a rear camera at least and a SD card slot. Unless a physically similar device running windows 7 comes out sooner.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
iPAD? I will wait till it has proper USB ports, a rear camera at least and a SD card slot. Unless a physically similar device running windows 7 comes out sooner.

Just for you - the Archos 9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Reaction score
Just for you - the Archos 9

Doesn't really appeal to me. Then again, name a Windows PC tablet that really appealed to the general public. The iPad is simple, but has the ability to do the most common tasks any tablet can do- email, web surfing, media, presentations-spreadsheets-text documents...among other things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 17" , ipod classic 120gb , iphone 3gs
I reakon its a pretty nifty idea :)

well i reckon ipad would be ideal for a business man/women on the move that needs to check there email , surf the web throughout the day. But it could interest teenagers to like me that would be nice for walking around the house on facebook/msn ect. and with the pretty good price tag , its ideal ! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I definitely want to try one it looks to be interesting already had family members interested especially the ones that only have a desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
To put it bluntly: Yes I think it is a disappointment.

The market share will be way to small. A large chunk of the keynote was regarding wether or not there was a space between netbook/laptop, and I don't think there is (at least not of a relevant size). People who want an e-book reader will stay away because of the price. Everyone else could buy a laptop for a little more $. The iPad is too big to carry around in your pocket, yet not big enough for ideal home use.

Apple needs to do something quick, although I can't see anything happening that can turn this into a success.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
We gotta lock all these iPad threads. Having to read the same boring stuff over and over and over again is really tiring. That's pretty much the talk around here lately, and it was great for a while when people were forming educated, unbiased, and open posts about the iPad, and now the "ew no flash, it sucks." Or "ew no multi tasking it sucks" or ew it's a big iPod" ETC ETC posts.

Okay, we got it. I have already concluded that I'm going to wait before wasting energy to type something that doesn't matter until the iPad is released I have used it a while to make a proper and factual post.

People keep posting the same things about the iPad. I'll sing a new song: "stop". We've run the discussion through it's course, there is no sense in restating an opinion that is the same as just about everyone elses. It's like eating a stale cheeto. Yeah, gross.

It's the same as using the search function. Search to see if your question of the same subject has been answered. Look and see if the same opinion you have is stated, if not, then go ahead and post. We already multiple threads that are pages and pages long with THE SAME thing. Its boring, let's talk about something else now.

Reaction score
I don't think the device is flop because Apple is planning to invest on its A4 i Pad chip around 1 Billion. I agree, it has audience that really go for them. A number of my folks have it & are very much satisfied.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Having to read the same boring stuff over and over and over again is really tiring

Not meaning to be rude, but simply stop reading the thread if you find it boring. Everyone has a right to give their opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.