How do I hide files in finder?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to hide all files of a particular type (.tqd), I have a lot of these files (one for each mp3) dotted all over my music directories... I need to keep them because they are used by the software package that I use for DJ'ing (M-Audio Torq).

If I do a global search of my macbook harddisk for ".tqd" I can find all the files but how do I hide them all.

On my windows machine I just search for all .tqd files [*.tqd] click properties then select "hidden" attribute and hey presto, they're out of view.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
to way to hide files under Mac OS, or any other Unix OS for that matter, is to type a "." infront of your filename, but generaly this is used for system files or preferences ... probaby won't solve your problem ... but that is the way to accomplish a hidden file ... although Finder doesn't allow this directly, you have to use the terminal and you might not be comfortable with that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.