Disk Utility for Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a disk utility like program I can use to partition my flash drive for use on my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Try the built in Disk Management. Right click on My Computer, select Manage, and then look for Disk Management in the left pane.

Your best bet would be use a partitioning utility such as PartitionMagic

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was wondering if there is a disk utility like program I can use to partition my flash drive for use on my mac.

Use the Disk Management tool as recommended by Kash (or Partition Magic if you can find a copy) but do not use Disk Utility from OS X. DU from OS X can partition a flash drive OK but it creates a protective 200 MB partition in addition to the main partition. This renders the flash drive next to useless when trying to use it for Windows as Windows will only "see" the 200 MB partition. Using it in OS X will be OK though.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ill go into a bit more detail. My macbook stopped working for no reason, flashing folder on startup and I need to use my Windows PC to partition Disk Warrior and other programs to fix my MAC computer. Is this possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why can't you boot your MacBook from your startup DVD and trouble shoot it that way? And if you already have Disk Warrior, it comes with a bootable DVD, why would you need a PC to partition anything?

A flashing folder on startup is an indication that your machine can not find a bootable device to start from. This is usually a good indication that there may be a problem with your hard drive.

Try booting your machine with your original install DVD first. Hold down the "option" key as soon as you hear the chime. Then select the DVD and let it boot. Run Disk Utilities from the top menu Utilities. Select first aid and run the verify and repair option.

Post back results and we can go from there.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
My fault im using a macbook air which doesn't have a cd drive out of the box.

OP
G
Reaction score
So I went ahead and got a cd drive for my macbook and First Aid fails because

Invalid B-tree node size
Volume check failed.

What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.