• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

1st Music video edited with my new MacPro

Reaction score
The music video was shot for the Belgian rockband KEEFMAN, the song is titled "Magere Meisjes" = "Skinny girls" in English. The video was shot on a deserted leasure/holiday facility.

I used my Canon xh-a1 with an Sgpro 35mm adapter combined to a redrock mattebox & shouldermount. I edited the video wit Final Cut Studio on my brand new MacPro... Feedback is welcome as always...

YouTube - KEEFMAN - MAGERE MEISJES

(use the HD or 720p function for best result ;) )

some stills:

keefmanstill.jpg

pogo.jpg

making off:

making3.jpg

take care !
AAP

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Seems interesting, just wish I understood what he was saying. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
looks great..

OP
A
Reaction score
Next week I'll be shooting my 2nd music video and a 3rd one is in pré-production. Too bad the song for the 1st one isn't turning out to be a hit in Belgium, radio stations claim the music is too loud. It could have been great publicity for our new founded production company ... 'giving up' is a verb we have banned from our dictionaries so... time to move on to the next one and use the lessons we have learned from the past!

I'll keep you all posted when our next music video gets released, in the mean time feedback is welcome as always...

Take care all
AAP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
Great video! Is it possible to create HD projects with iMovie? I have a sony webbie HD camera and I edited a movie in iMovie and uploaded it to youtube but it didn't come out in HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
twodarhythm,

You are hijacking an unrelated thread to your question. Do an independent post. The short answer is yes. In the new post, tell us the version of iMovie you are using.

OP
A
Reaction score
No problem, thanks again ... last week the video was shown on a Belgian music channel called TMF...

All feedback pro's or con's still welcome ...

C

chas_m

I am, personally, not wild about the green/yellow saturation. Maybe you were trying to give it a "retro" look with that but I think "film effect" or "washed out" or "shifted colour" would have accomplished the effect perhaps better.

I think its well shot and well edited and does have striking visuals -- everything you want in a music video, in short.

The band are a bit "same-sounding" to me but I hear a lot of that sort of music, that's not intended as a knock against them.

Good luck with it and it always does amaze me how cheaply this stuff can be done compared to just a few years back! :)

OP
A
Reaction score
true...I'm not completely satisfied about the saturation and color correction, it wasn't easy at all to work with "Color" -the grading tool that comes with the FCP Studio bundle-.

+ the fact that every monitor has a different color calibration makes it really though to make the right choices. (especially on Mac's Led Cinema displays it looks really oversaturated while on some TFT PC monitors it looks great.)

Now with the new cheap DSLR cams on the market everybody can make great pro-looking video's for an extremely low cost, there's a Canon DSLR on the market for only $900 I've heard that shoots HD with stunning depth of field & low light sensibility.

Anyway thanks for all the lovely feedback !

take care all
S.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.