Magic Mouse Connection lost

Reaction score
I have a new Imac 21.5 inch bought in December 2009. Occasionally the mouse keeps dropping out. I have to remove the batteries from the mouse and then put them back in. Sometimes this reconnects the mouse, although at other times i have to reboot the mac by holding down the power button. Anybody experienced similiar.

thanks for looking

Reaction score
What happens if you just move the mouse a bit after it disconnects?

If it is like my Microsoft BT mouse, that causes it to reconnect within a couple of seconds. I think all that is a battery-saving measure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Just got a 27" iMac and have learned that to connect the mouse, you have to click it, otherwise it will seem like it is not working. So give clicking it a try once it disconnects but it still shouldn't be disconnecting randomly, maybe give Apple a call if it continues.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just got a 27" iMac and have learned that to connect the mouse, you have to click it, otherwise it will seem like it is not working. So give clicking it a try once it disconnects but it still shouldn't be disconnecting randomly, maybe give Apple a call if it continues.

I have noticed that a few times also. One click of the MM it's connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.33GHz 8GB Ram 2 TB HDD
My mouse started doing that about 3 weeks after I got my new iMac too. The best way I have found to get it mine to reconnect is to put it up to the apple emblem and then click the mouse until it connects. Not sure if being close like that helps but it seems to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.