opening microsoft attachment

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm not really sure that you can view .pub files on a mac even with special software, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

What you could do, is ask the person to install PrimoPDF onto their Windows PC, so they can print the publisher file as a pdf file to the desktop, and then give it to you. Plus, the program is free.

OP
S

stephen.sharpe

I didn't realise people still used MS Publisher. :|

I ditched it years ago in favour of MS Word... perhaps it is possible that the author could transfer some content into that? its fairly easy with Microsofts object system....

OP
S

SErgini0

There is a new improved publisher in Microsoft Office 2003 for Windows. That's why!

OP
R

Ryanstech

stephen.sharpe said:
I didn't realise people still used MS Publisher. :|

I ditched it years ago in favour of MS Word... perhaps it is possible that the author could transfer some content into that? its fairly easy with Microsofts object system....

Yeah, I just got some Publisher files emailed from a client using a PC and all I could think was 1.) how the **** am I going to open this with out Publisher on a PC and 2.) who the **** uses Publisher anymore anyway? After learning that making a PDF is to technical for them they ended up faxing the documents... ugh!

OP
B

badmojo

That's a Windows app that I'm really going to miss. I hope some day MS makes a Mac version. It seems like iWork is sorta like Publisher but it does not import .pub files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
My gf does a lot of work with printers for newsletters and promotional materials, and Publisher is still in heavy use out there.

And yeah, my recommendation would be for the person at the other end to convert it to .pdf. You can do this at Adobe's web site by clicking the button that says "Create Adobe PDF Online." They'll get 5 conversions for free before they have to buy something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
Backing Up Data And Songs On A Dvd

This might be a stupid question but can i back up songs and data on to a dvd. dvd's can hold 4.7gb of data. can i just back up my itunes library onto a dvd?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have not done it, but you should be able to back up your songs to DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.