Macbook Pro Not Booting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.6.? - 2.5 GHz Intel G5 - 2 GB RAM
NEVERMIND
It just started working, if anyone else is having the problem, what I did was leave it on until it ran out of battery, reset the SMC and then it booted :)

-----

Sorry if it's the wrong forum, I can't tell if its the hardware or software.

Earlier today I rebooted my Macbook Pro (early 2008 model) after installing "ControllerMate" (no idea if that has anything to do with this). It didn't seem to be doing anything so I held down the power button to force shut down. I pushed it again to reboot, and the screen wont turn on, I don't even hear the Mac startup "booooong". It looks as if it's sleeping, the little light on the button to open the lid is pulsing just as if it was asleep, and the screen is off, the thing is it seems to boot into sleep mode, and pushing the keyboard doesn't take it out either.

I have tried all the steps here
Troubleshooting a MacBook, MacBook Air or MacBook Pro that won't turn on

I haven't put in my Installer disc, I'm afraid it might gobble it up and not spit it back out, the eject button doesn't make any noises when I push it.

Is there anything I can do before biting the bullet and spending a fortune at the Apple store getting it fixed? :(

Also how much would it cost to get fixed if there's nothing I can do (Australian dollars)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.