Ipod touch forces me to get rid of all my apps

Reaction score
I have an ipod touch, and I want to sync some photos. I open itunes, clicked on the photo tab, selected the folder I wanted to sync, and hit "apply". Then comes up a message saying something like "are you sure you want to remove all your applications?" Of course I hit cancel, and went to the application tab to uncheck "sync applications". When I unchecked the box, that message popped up again!!

I just want to sync my pictures!! Why the heck does it want to get rid of all my applications???! I always love ipod but this problem is driving me mad! I start to think apple is very stupid, and they call ipod intuitive?! It couldn't even do the most basic thing: to manage some pictures!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
oops double post ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello and welcome to the forum .
The problem you are having is that even if all you want to do is sync photots you still need to let iTunes know what else you want to keep on the touch. Itunes only syncs checked items ( i'd bet thats how you have it set ) so just make sure all the apps on your touch are checked in the apps tab and check the photos (album etc ). Also make sure that you have transfered all items purchased on your touch to itunes and youll be set.
You cant blame apple for your mistake. heres the manual it may help you out in the future.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_touch_3.0_User_Guide.pdf

Hope this helps
Clay

all this assumes you have the latest itunes and updated software on your touch.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Clay, there is nothing under my application tab. Why would there be anything ? I download all my apps directly on my ipod. When I uncheck "sync applications", the warning message says "are you sure you don't want to sync applications? All the applications on your ipod will be removed"

what can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi , all you need to do is plug your iPod into your computer and the when you go to the iPod look under file I believe and you will see "transfer purchases" click on that and it will sync all your apps to the computer. After that you can decide which apps you want on the iPod. It will also let you organize them.

Let me know if I can help more

clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
glad I could help

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.