Why is the iPad the only product launched today? how about some MBP update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP2.26/4GbRAM
Well the iPad is a disappointment for sure. But why is apple still not updating the MBP line? I think all the other brands now have i7 cpu in all their notebooks already. I thought apple would announce more than the iPad yesterday. Double fail for apple!:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 MacBook Pro, 10.7.2, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz memory
I'm with you on that!
My old mac broke beginning of December, was holding out for some new i5 processors. And its overdue for an update!
I'm figuring theyll release a new pro by the end of feb latest but....
Don't know if i can resist....mac...any...longer...need....macbook pro....must.....buy....
Why Steve? Why'd you break my heart?

Reaction score
i think they might have left some stuff for MacWorld which is in a couple of weeks - first year they are not attending but does not mean they cant release some Mac stuff anyway ?

I hope so also, Macbook Pro also broke and need a new laptop urgently!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Because this was not a MBP event....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 MacBook Pro, 10.7.2, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz memory
Actually it kind of was. They've been talking about releasing some new macbook pros for a while now, big talk of arrandale, etc.
Nobody knew for fact what this event was. Yes, it was pretty obvious it would be the iPad (or as people speculated iTablet) but they never made any commitments to that, and anyways could have coreleased some new pros....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
First thing the Special Events are usually for new devices or iPods. They never release upgraded Macs at those events. Second Apple never tells what they are going to release. Never have and never will. It was the rumor sites that said everything and NOT apple. They said brand new product. An upgraded Macbook Pro is not a brand new product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I had to replace mine in December old one had a bad logic board and Apple Care ran out 6 months before that no regrets this thing is a lot faster and runs cooler besides having unbelievable battery life aside from all that just wish that solid state hard drives
would become reasonable since this is a major bottle neck in speed/stability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
First thing the Special Events are usually for new devices or iPods. They never release upgraded Macs at those events. Second Apple never tells what they are going to release. Never have and never will. It was the rumor sites that said everything and NOT apple. They said brand new product. An upgraded Macbook Pro is not a brand new product.

Thank you kind sir. Very helpful.

Reaction score
I'll probably be struck by lightning for saying this--but it's kind of nice that they didn't update the MacBook Pros yet. Considering that MBP sales were very high in December, I imagine that people who bought them or received them at Christmas would have gone through the roof if an update had been released this week (myself included). And now all the people who've been sitting on the fence with bated breath can just go out and buy one.

Reaction score
I kinda got a laugh out of yesterdays event. I hope the Ipad is a success
but I fear it won't be. I love the "Mac" rumor mill, spent days reading what
Apple was coming out with. I'm sure all the apps that were shown yesterday
on the Ipad will be available on their laptop line soon. So it begs the question
what will I carry with me, my MacBook or an Ipad...think I'll take the MacBook
much more versatile, I can read email, watch moves, tv shows, view pictures
etc. But the Ipad is still cutting edge design, innovation of hardware.
and yes it looks like a blown up Iphone, but it makes the learning curve very
short..

Reaction score
I kinda got a laugh out of yesterdays event. I hope the Ipad is a success
but I fear it won't be. I love the "Mac" rumor mill, spent days reading what
Apple was coming out with. I'm sure all the apps that were shown yesterday
on the Ipad will be available on their laptop line soon. So it begs the question
what will I carry with me, my MacBook or an Ipad...think I'll take the MacBook
much more versatile, I can read email, watch moves, tv shows, view pictures
etc. But the Ipad is still cutting edge design, innovation of hardware.
and yes it looks like a blown up Iphone, but it makes the learning curve very
short..

Like you, I prefer my MBP also. The iPad is fascinating, but I'll definitely be waiting until at least the 2nd generation is released. Maybe by then it will have a camera for video calls and support Flash....not to mention a bigger hard drive and special viewing options to make reading ebooks easier on the eyes. But I think the iPad has the potential to be huge...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450MHz, MacBook Air 11" 2013, iMac 21.5" i3, iPad 1,1 32GB
I'm one of those people that was quite happy there were no shiny new MBPs. I have a 21st birthday coming in mid-April, so the later they get released, the best deal I may be able to get.

I also felt the iPad did deserve the entire event. It's a bit closed for my liking, but we are 2 months from it appearing here in the UK, so there are likely to be more developments as time goes on. Would have loved a little more OSX and a little less iPhone OS, but the costs would obviously have rocketed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook Al15" G4 1.25Ghz
I was one of the disappointed crowd. I am in the market for a new macbook pro, but was hoping to get a better spec for the money I'm going to spend. I was hoping at Core i5 chips since the new 27" iMacs are already using them.. or at least better video cards for the MBP line since the new 13" MB white has slightly better spec (larger HDD) than the lowest-end 13" MBP..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.