Can I convert a .key file to a pdf file.

Reaction score
Newbie question. I made a slide show in keynote and I wanted to know if someone with a windows base os will be able to open it. I was hoping to maybe convert it to a pdf file if I could. What is the best way t do this? Do I need to do anything or will they be able to open it as is? Sorry still pretty new to this mac/iwork setup. Thanks for your help, Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad
Did you try printing it to a PDF file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Newbie question. I made a slide show in keynote and I wanted to know if someone with a windows base os will be able to open it. I was hoping to maybe convert it to a pdf file if I could. What is the best way t do this? Do I need to do anything or will they be able to open it as is? Sorry still pretty new to this mac/iwork setup. Thanks for your help, Jake

if u go into the File/Export menu it gives you many choices, one of which is QuickTime, in Save As menu it gives 2 choices if u are using 09

Click for full size

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You could always go to File > Print and "print" to a PDF from there. That said, I don't own Keynote so I don't know how that would work. I suggest you try that and open up the PDF to see if it meets your needs.

C

chas_m

Please ignore all of the above answers -- I can't understand how so many respondents somehow didn't know this.

1. Open your slideshow in Keynote.
2. In the menubar, choose File -> Export -> PDF.
3. There's no step 3.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Please ignore all of the above answers -- I can't understand how so many respondents somehow didn't know this.

That said, I don't own Keynote so I don't know how that would work. I suggest you try that and open up the PDF to see if it meets your needs.
That might be a very obvious reason why. Perhaps you should consider your wording/approach before posting. I was just trying to help - there's no reason to disparage our/my response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad

1. Open your slideshow in Keynote.
2. In the menubar, choose File -> Export -> PDF.
3. There's no step 3.

The tone of your response would be considered rude by most poeple. Maybe we don't have Keynote on our Macs. You can print a file to PDF and that dose work for most programs.

C

chas_m

I completely apologise that my tone seemed condescending. It was meant as a humourous play on the "there's no step three" iMac ads Jeff Goldblum did.

It was not my intention in ANY WAY to disparage the other posters. Again, sorry about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.