cracks again! oh dear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.1 GHz
I have a Macbook. I've posted this exact problem on here before - my laptop has got small hairline cracks on the bottom casing, and when I took it back to Apple (under warranty), they fixed it pronto.

I'm just wondering, as the cracks have appeared yet again :[
Would Apple still fix this even though my laptops no longer under warranty?
Surely they would have it on record that it's done it before on this laptop.
Thanks for your help, and apologies if this has been posted before (I know it probably has)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I suppose it depends on how long ago they did the repair, and how the cracks got their....
I'd just go into genius bar, and hope for the best.
I have a hairline crack at the bottom rear of my machine running from one end of my hinge half way around the vent..... I know that this must be due to me pushing the screen back a bit far at some stage, due to it's position.
Even then, I'm sure if I took it into apple they would see it as a materials defect and repair it, but, it doesn't bother me as it hasn't gotten any larger in over a year.
So, I guess if you took it in, they'd look after you.

Reaction score
Mine is cracked all over the place. I took it in, but I was just a few days past my warranty and they refused to do one thing about it. The famous "It's a known issue." I wonder if one of those cool covers will keep it from cracking anymore? It's a mess...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power G4/ MacBook Intel 1.83 GHz/ MacBook 2008 2.4 GHz Unibody / MBPro 2.53 GHz/ Iphone 3GS
usually apple will throw down a year warranty of their work, so if it is due to them doing a less than par job, contact them again for a rerepair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
usually apple will throw down a year warranty of their work, so if it is due to them doing a less than par job, contact them again for a rerepair.

agree... and a known issue gives you more than a leg to stand on.
besides that, warranty means nothing when it comes to something like this and only a short tome out of warranty.
If the next visit doesn't resolve this, move further up the chain if the need be!

Reaction score
Hi this is my fist time on this site,
I had a macbook that had a piece of the keyboard top splitting 20 to 30mm x 1mm and braking off, this was on the top left front corner. Something to do with the magnets i was told, i had mine repaired 3 time's, the last time i contacted trading standards for advice, when i went into the apple store i spoke to the manager said that i had taken advice and wanted them to do something more.
They were only to happy to help offered a straight swop for a unibody or pay the difference £102 and get a macbook pro which i did. :)
My macbook was 2006 and bought from a home shopping catalog.
Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.