The iPad is out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Well the long waited iPad is out!
What are your thoughts, opinions. Are you going to buy one?
Post your thoughts!

I think it will be an absolute run like always, people standing in line for days.
And the 9.7" screen is gorgeous, not like the small iPhone screen.
$499 start price, unlocked, no bond contract. 3G Optional. This will be a killer

The only thing that will hold me back will probably be the price range.(Wrong, its only $499 starting)

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/12/live-from-the-steve-jobs-keynote-its-showtime/

Macworld | Live Update: Apple Event

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Since I really don't have a need for one, no I will pass. But then again I have a lot of toys I really don't need. "Honey where is the credit card?"

Reaction score
any ideas on price yet? still not at apple store even though annouced

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I don't see it as being useful. Its nothing more than an oversized ipod touch/iphone. Why not just use a laptop?

Reaction score
ipad looks interesting and sure has a lot of pluses including pricing, but didn't hear:

MULTI-TASKING

without multi-tasking capabilities, i'd have to leave it at the store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
11:16 AM: He's building up to the price tag by showing off all the various features. Listen to the pundits, he says, "under $1000 or $999." When we set out to develop the iPad, we not only had very ambitious technical goals and UI goals, but also had a very aggressive price goal: we want to put this in the hands of lots of people. Thrilled to announce iPad pricing starts at $499... for 16GB model. 32GB is $599 and 64GB is $699. These are all Wi-Fi versions. With 3G, add $130 to each model. $629 $729 and $829. Six models. Even the most expensive one is $829. We think it's an unbelievable price point. When can you get them? 60 days worldwide availability of the Wi-Fi models he says, 30 days more for 3G models.

Want one, will get one. Party

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
anyone else surprised that there is no camera??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
any ideas on price yet? still not at apple store even though annouced
pricechart.jpg

Whoops,NMMI89 beat me.

speed4tu said:
I don't see it as being useful. Its nothing more than an oversized ipod touch/iphone. Why not just use a laptop?
I don't want to carry around a $2000 laptop and get it stolen, I'd rather lose the $499 than the $2000.

Reaction score
Dont know about anyone else but I would love a bigger touch pad for typing on my iphone/itouch only reason I'm curious

Reaction score
I really,really want one. But AT&T?!!! I live in the city limits of Phoenix,AZ ..one of the largest cities in this country and can't get their 3G coverage! So what if the cost is low if you can't get it! I still do not have an iPhone because of AT&T. And as far as I know Verizon no longer uses Sim cards. Besides you really need that 3G for downloading quickly. I've been an Apple supporter before there was an formal Company. Steve.. you really let a lot of people down and are going to lose a lot of potential customers including me.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This is about as much of a joke as the Apple TV was. The only market for this is devout Apple kool-aid drinkers, just as it is for the Apple TV. A neat toy, but too limited and pricey for the masses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MBA, MacMini
didnt hear anything about multi-tasking.

Because there isn't any.

I was really hoping for a full OSX implementation myself. For a few hundred more you could have a MBA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
I'm out. I'm happy with my Iphone. I'll continue to appreciate my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
i was super skeptical of the market for a tablet and still am. i do think that the keynote pushed the entertainment use factor which is appealing. i do have laptops, iphones and a kindle but i could see my wife and i sharing this type of device...especially when one of us is watching/doing something the other is not interested it. the price point is great i think as i don't really need the 3G as my home, office and most places i travel to have WiFi anyway. i think with the price it will take some of the netbook market and i think it will take some of the kindle market. my wife has a 1st generation kindle and loves it but why not look at something like this to replace it when it inevitably dies?

Reaction score
I could see this being pretty useful to students if they put textbooks on it at a heavily reduced price compared to hard copies. That will probably be the only reason I buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.