desktop blocked

Reaction score
My icons snap to grid and also if i set the preferences to "none" (no snap) i cannot move them on the desktop, also i can't creat a new folder on it...
i cannot go to desktop from the menu it looks like it's blocked
i tried to reinstall snow leopard (original copy) but i still have the same problem
can you help me? i'm using 10.6.2 updated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
You need to go to Utilities/Disk Utility and run Repair Permissions.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you Vegas, i tried but it is still not working: also if i try to go on desktop from the side bar a message with "choose application" appears, if i doble click on the folders in the dock they open regular; the only thing is that i can't move them with dndrop and can't operate on the desktop. Let me know, please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It sounds to me like something is wrong with your mouse, or perhaps the drivers (if you are using some third-party drivers). It appears that your first click isn't registering, and a double-click is registering as a single-click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
OK, try this. Right click on the Desktop and Select Get Info. Look at your permissions. Give yourself Read and Write permission. You may have to change user to Administrator or even boot up from the OS installation disc in order to change that permission. But, from your description I'm pretty sure that it's the Desktop permission that's blocking you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.