Blackberry on my Mac - Hands-Free unit?

Reaction score
I sit at work with my headphones plugged in on my Mac (10.6.2) so I can listen to music. I'd *really* like to pair my Blackberry (Pearl) up and run some app in OSX so that incoming calls come through the Mac's speakers (my headset) rather than having to pick up the phone etc.

I can pair the mac up and see that a computer profile is shown with the device properties "Bluetooth-PDA-Sync" and "AVRCP Target". But I can't figure out what to do next - if I go into Bluetooth on the mac I see this:

Type: Smartphone
Services: Dialup networking, Hands-free
Paired: Yes
Connected: No

There doesn't seem to be any way on the handset to connect and no way in OSX to connect either.

I've looked around for helper programs such as Phone Amego but that doesn't appear to do what I'm looking for - effective use my Mac as a bluetooth headset.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have seen similar questions asked here and as far as I know there isn't a solution to the issue.

Sorry
Clay

OP
P
Reaction score
Clay, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I wonder if there re other ways of doing it that I haven't thought of. The phone has a 3.5mm out so could connect it directly to the laptop (MBP5.1) but then I'd lose the headphone socket.

Someone else must have found a usable workaround for this sort of thing?

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.