can't connect to internet

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a MacBook that's about 1 year old, prob less. I upgraded to snow leopard a while back and everything was fine. However, I keep getting knocked off my Internet, very annoying when an streaming something. Now I can't connect at all! It says it has full reception as it has full bars!

Every other computer has working Internet so it's my comp that had the problem.

Everytime I try and load a webpage am getting. This webspage is not available.

Below is the orginal error message:

Error 105( net:ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED):the server coould not be found.

I have been into the airport peferences and while my Internet bars are on full, the preferneces says that the air port is not connected.

If I go into network diagnostics, airport and aiport settings have a green light and network settings, ISP, Internet and server have red lights....

Anyone have any ideas on what I going?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does it work if you connect with an ethernet cable to your router?

Do any of your devices use static IPs?

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi,

Well an update with this is that I have just gone to my girlfriends and I still have the same problem with the internet. So it's deffo something wrong with my comp and not anything to do with the internet..

Reaction score
Seems to be a bit of a common theme here, looking at other threads.

Do you have anything else connected on your network router?

Do you have Samba file sharing on?

Do you use Skype or iChat?

Does your router have a reserved IP for the MAC?

Does it do the same when on LAN cable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
My questions still stand:
If you connect via ethernet do you have the same problems (I.e. if it works by cable it's a wi-fi issue if the same problem occurs it's a general network issue)
and
Do any of the devices connected to the same network as your Mac (including your Mac) have static IPs?

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi,

my knowledge is pretty basic with this stuff so please excuse my stupidity...

As far as I know there is nothing else connected to the router.. just other computers...

I have Vuze installed but rarely use it as well as Skype

IP is just normal, no one and played with it so no reservations..

I haven't got a ethernet cable so I can't test that

And the static IPs am not so sure about sorry

OP
L
Reaction score
I had a play and deleted the old air port and added a air-port2..

Now it works!!

Any ideas on what happened there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
Seems like your computers is not resolving the addresses. Look for the "named" file and take a look in there. Tell us whats in there.

OP
L
Reaction score
just got back home and it's not working again.. Tried the same steps as I did last time but not working again..

Meh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 Quad core 4GB Ram 1TB Hard Drive
I am having a similar problem, I just acquired a used PowerBook G4 Titanium that has an airport card in it. If I try to connect to unsecured wifi, it works. At home I have a secure network, and it will not connect unless I plug it directly in via ethernet cable. I have a brand new 27" iMac connected wirelessly, also my windows based laptop, but I can't get the PowerBook to connect. Any suggestions? It is OS 10.3.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
The named file is a file on all computers, although I learned it through linux, that serves as a nameserver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.