ipod touch 2G sleep/wake button is stuck PLEASE HELP!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipod touch 2g, Iphone 3GS
Okay so here is the deal, I was outside playing basketball listing to my ipod touch 2G on my iHome and it started to sprinkle... so i put my ipod and iHome under cover and put something there to protect said items, well what i think what happened is water got inside my ipod's sleep/wake button and now its all gay so when i push it, it is acting like I'm holding it and goes to the shut off screen....:'(
I have restored it rest it the whole nine but nothing works... i dont have the warranty on it because my year is up...
any ideas???

ill love you forever if you help me....................

Oh and now I have to press it hard to get it to work... its getting better :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
The warranty wouldnt have helped you any way as it doesnt cover water damage . I would suggest turning it off for a couple of days and let it dry out real good and see what happens. If it doesnt come back to life I know of nothing that will reverse water damage. With that said if it is gone then I would bet a new one is cheaper then the fix.

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.