Graphic Design + Macbook Pro Question

Reaction score
I recently got a 15in Macbook Pro, with 250GB hardrive (which is enough for me since I got a 500GB external hardrive), 4 GB of RAM, and 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I'm going to be running Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator a lot, and I was wondering if this comp will be fine for what I want to do. If not, should I update it to something else. would the 2.8 GHz be a lot faster???? Thanks, and let's not make this thread into a Apple VS Microsoft war. Thanks in advance!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
No it would not be a lot faster. You won't even notice the speed difference at all unless you had a side by side comparison.

If a mac mini can run Photoshop and Illustrator I'm pretty sure a MacBookPro would be more than capable.

C

chas_m

Let me put it this way: I have a 2006 model BlackBook (2.16GHz with the "despised" GMA 950 chipset, about 1/5th the ability of a 9400M).

I run Photoshop CS3 every day, InDesign, Illustrator. No issues.

At home I run two monitors, and play 720p HD video clips on it all the time. No issues.

It struggles a bit with things like Google Earth or WOW, but I don't really use that stuff so I don't care much.

In short, yes I think yours will be able to handle PS and Ill just fine.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. I haven't start doing anything yet, cause I just got it. But Im going to be going to school soon for Graphic Design, and I just want this computer to last for at least 2-4 years, be able to do everything i need in school.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.