A question on torrents

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just switched from PC and used to share files (legit of course) through bit torrent but always got the feeling that they were bad news for my PC.

Are there any torrent servers anyone could suggest or put my mind at ease or is it best just to stay well clear?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
They aren't bad at all. I use Vuze to send stuff to friends no problem at all. It has in internal tracker too, so very easy to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
Well i use Transmission its really simple and easy to use. And i tried Vuze and i hated it just cause it took alot of cpu and i had so many features that i just saw so unneeded. Another client ive heard good things about is Utorrent i think it would be in the middle of the two.

Transmission-Simple easy
Vuze-**** ton of stuff
Utorrent-In the Middle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Vuze no longer uses a lot of CPU power, it's been very well developed.
For what the OP wants to do it's better because of the built in tracker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.