Artwork issues with own songs in itunes

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a load of songs I've bounced from Logic to itunes and when I go to add artwork the artwork and lyrics options are both greyed out. I've checked the files in finder and they're not locked or read only... Not sure what could be the problem, anyone shed any light?
Ta,
Danny

C

chas_m

The obvious question is "what format are they in?"

Some can accommodate artwork/lyrics, some can't.

OP
D
Reaction score
I have them in both WAV and AAC... they're pretty standard formats, I doubt they should cause problems. I've also recently discovered the same thing on a couple of other tracks that aren't mine... it won't even let me delete them

C

chas_m

WAV as far as I know does not have any place for lyrics/artwork. AAC does however.

From your other comments it sounds like some of your files have permission issues. You may want to try repairing permissions -- can't hurt, might help.

OP
D
Reaction score
Right, cheers for the responses. How would I go about repairing the permissions?

C

chas_m

Oh yeah, sorry ...

In your Utilities folder, you have an app called Disk Utility. Open it, select the name of your hard drive, press the "repair permissions" button.

Not a bad idea to do this every now and again, maybe monthly at most.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.