macbook internal hard drive problem please help me

Reaction score
ive had my macbook 13.3 inch black edition 80gb 2.0 ghz the maximum memory stick capacity is 2 gb which it is maxed out when i upgraded. but i just bought logic studio 9 but with all my apps i dont have enough memory. i was wondering can i install any internal hard drive i know it has to be a sata hard drive but is there any other peice of info that i need in ordering the hard drive like the size or anything. i want more than 250 gb an a 7200 rpm. any help would really help me. thanks guys

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ive had my macbook 13.3 inch black edition 80gb 2.0 ghz the maximum memory stick capacity is 2 gb which it is maxed out when i upgraded. but i just bought logic studio 9 but with all my apps i dont have enough memory. i was wondering can i install any internal hard drive i know it has to be a sata hard drive but is there any other peice of info that i need in ordering the hard drive like the size or anything. i want more than 250 gb an a 7200 rpm. any help would really help me. thanks guys

Hard drive space is not MEMORY!!!

Hard drive space is space to store your applications & files...the ram "sticks" you mentioned is memory!

If you currently have an 80 gig hard drive...and want a larger hard drive (more than 250 gig)...then installing the new hard drive is very easy (just go to Youtube and watch some of the videos).

You could check out this place for the new hard drive:

Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC

By the way...have you given any thought to how you were going to transfer the files & applications from your current 80 gig hard drive to the new hard drive you purchase?

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.