• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

"Leaked Ad"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hmmmm will wait for tomorrow and MacWorld to get rid of any rumours ........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
FAKE.

There's NO WAY Apple would put the I/O slots on the back of a tablet like that. It would go against every bit of savvy their design team has ever put into a product.

Doug

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Kind of sucks since I'll be at school practically the whole day, so not sure how I'm going to check up on any of the updates. T_T"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Is there a online update or live feed anywhere, somewhere we can keep tabs on it. We will be totally out of sync here Down Under be early morning i think but would still like a way to check it out ??

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
All you have to do is read the article (or at least the last bit):
Click over to the site from which the video originated and you'll find a story entitled "An advertisement for Apple Tablet aka iPad." Translate the page into English, and you'll see the following line of text directly above the embedded video:

"Here's what advertising might look like ... if it was finally called iPad."

Look further down on the page, and you'll see the story's author responding to comments about the video's authenticity (or lake thereof).

"Here is how the iPad advertising could look like," he re-emphasizes in one comment. "I never said that this video is authentic."

Sorry to burst the bubble. If you're still looking for a wild Apple-related rumor, though, I heard something about a pair of superpowerful new iVision 4D goggles. A friend of a friend of my brother's ex-girlfriend's mechanic's step-uncle swears they're real.
Problem solved.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
All you have to do is read the article (or at least the last bit): Problem solved.

I just watched the video...and the way that the splatters looked already told me it wasn't authentic.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Yeah, there's something about the video that just screams "fake" (aside from the fact that it is...you know...fake). The song seems out of place despite sounding very "Appleish" and honestly, the splashes of colour have nothing to do with the tablet. It's almost as if they were thrown in just to add some potential legitimacy (to relate it to the invite).

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Another way I could tell it was fake is the style of the ad. It just seems different from the ads we've seen over the previous years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.