airport express cutting in and out

H

Hanyoung

Just got an airport express so I could stream music wirelessly to the living room.

The first unit played great for about 40 minutes, then would randomly stop from anywhere of 2 - 30 minutes, and play again. At that time, the green light stayed on continuously.

I thought it was a defective unit, but the second one does the same!

The airport express is only about 10 feet physically away from the mac.. although it is through walls and plugged in a surge protector with other electrical equipment. I'd like to keep it in it's location.. any ideas or people with similar problems?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is my guess. Do you have a wireless phone in the area of the airport express?

OP
H

Hanyoung

I have one about twenty feet away from the airport express, and another wireless about five feet away from the mac. There seems to be no correlation to when I get a phone call though. Could this be the problem? And if so, should I move the one close to the mac or the one closer to the airport.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
are they 2.4 Ghz phones?

OP
H

Hanyoung

yup!
I've moved my speakers and airport express. The mac still is close to the base station, but the express is a little farther from the accessory handset. So far, no interruptions (crosses fingers.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.