English-Language Songs Suddenly Appear as Chinese Text/Characters!

Reaction score
I have seen several posts related to users wanting iTunes to display Chinese text for Chinese songs. I have the exact opposite problem. I have several songs that are exclusively English-language. When I originally imported them into iTunes, there were no issues; the songs were in English and the album art was intact. I am noticing more and more that over time including updates, even two or more years, these same English-language tracks now appear in iTunes in Chinese text! I can't read them at all, and if it weren't for the album art, I would have no clue what songs they were.

This bizarre phenomenon is also the reason I thought several of my songs were missing from my iTunes library. It turns out they were inexplicable converted to Chinese characters. I checked the settings and deselected all Chinese and Asian characters, but the problem still remains. As a DJ, this is a potential disaster for me. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.