2009 Garageband sound issues

Reaction score
I'm a songwriter and i have about 10 good songs now that i just need to get recorded and onto a CD. It doesn't need to pro, but i wan't it to sound as close to how it would sound as if i were playing piano right next to you. I tried recording using the pre-set settings, no effects, and record "acoustic instrument". To my dismay, when i would listen back, the quiet parts were almost inaudible, and the loud parts sounded too loud for my speakers at any volume level (i could just hear crackling, i believe its called "peaking"). I then tried "automatic adjust" for the mic. maybe it would be more sensitive during the quiet parts and back off during the loud parts. I even tried setting my MacBook on top of the piano, on the bench with me, next to the piano, etc. while recording. Nothing changed from my first trial and error. I use a new MacBook Pro, with the internal mic. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.