Adobe Indesign CS3 or CS4

Reaction score
Hi all:
First post on this board, new here.

I have a question about Adobe Indesign. I am thinking about buying the software, but I have heard mixed things about both versions.
Information about how Indesign doesn't take files from previous versions, specifically files from Photoshop CS3. While I have all the other programs I need, this one seems to be troubling.

Can someone with knowledge and experience tell me what the differences are and if this is true?

Any input about this is greatly appreciated.
Angelguy

C

chas_m

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
I use InDesign daily and Chas_M is spot on. I actually skipped CS3 and jumped from CS2 to CS4 and I have to say that CS4 is a good program...I would recommend it. I would also think that we will be seeing CS5 in the near future so I don't think I would recommend buying CS3 at this point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Reaction score
yeah all your feedback is spot on. as a general rule adobe, annoyingly, make it so the newer programmes can open files created on previous versions but not the other way round. CS4 will have everything and more CS3 does so i would recommend that, but as letter10 said probably not long till we see CS5. i myself havent used CS4 and have been happy with CS3.

Ellis

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for all your feedback here. It is really appreciated.
I asked this question because I have other software from CS3 already, and think I would be better off getting Adobe Indesign in CS4 rather than 3.

I'm still new to this, so bear with my questions.
Thanks again
Angelguy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.