Time Capsule WITHOUT Internet service

Reaction score
I have a new Time Capsule for my Mac. I set it up to do wireless backup and wireless connection to printer; all is ok. EXCEPT: my internet service comes from either one of two places (neither of which passes thru Time Capsule) - an internet card (Sprint) or a chance pickup of a local wireless network.

Problem: It appears I can't use Airport for two connections (time capsule AND local wireless network), and if I try to use internet card while airport is connected to Time Capsule, it says can't do multiple connections. Is my new Time Capsule a waste? I know I can fix this by buying service from Comcast, but I absolutely hate that option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I'm probably not getting the scope of your problem, but couldn't you use the Sprint modem on your Mac, a wired connection between your Mac and the TC, and still let the TC communicate wireless with the printer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Time Capsule is basically an AirPort Express router with a hard drive. This would be the same as buying any router in a store, and trying to connect to it while still in the box. Won't work, at least to my knowledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
In theory, without having two airport cards, its impossible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.