Windows Live Hotmail outgoing server will just not work

Reaction score
smtp.live.com will just not work, hence i cannot send any mail from my live hotmail account using the mail application. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (OS X Leopard 10.5.8), Intel Core 2 Duo (2.53Ghz), 4GB RAM, 7200RPM/250GB HDD
I actually just set up my Hotmail on the Mail app last night. the Outgoing *should* take long ... just do it .. "smtp.live.com" and wait.

Reaction score
Mine was not working through MacMail earlier this month. Now, suddenly it works again. I changed nothing. Go figure....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There have been reported problems with Windows Live Hotmail. I believe MS has resolved most of them. I don't use my account any longer because of its past instabilities, I since switched to Google Mail (GMail) and have had no problems whatsoever.

Regards.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
I have to agree with the above posters - I too have let my hotmail sit dormant in favor of a much more stable gmail.

Reaction score
i had the same problem and actually saw somewhere on the live site to just use your isp's outgoing mail server to send it.. it still show the mail being sent via your live account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (OS X Leopard 10.5.8), Intel Core 2 Duo (2.53Ghz), 4GB RAM, 7200RPM/250GB HDD
Oh .. Well I use my Hotmail with Mail and it works fine. For how long that will continue i'm not sure. Chscag I'v heard a couple people stating M$ fixed that but mine still works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.