Mini Display Port to HDMI - doesn't work anymore

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an external LCD tv that I connected to my MacBook Pro a month ago with a mini display port-hdmi adapter --> hdmi cable --> hdmi port of my lcd tv. Everything turned on as soon I started the computer and it worked fine.

My sister started using my monitor last week with her mac book mini divi --> hdmi adapter. After she used it, the tv now says "no signal" when I connect my macbook pro to it. My computer seems to detect it as it blanks out as soon as the tv turns on and the mouse can move off the screen and I can see the LCD tv under "Displays". It's just the tv that doesn't seem to find the signal. Could it be that once the LCD found the mac book it changed the settings to not detect my pro? The tv still works with the mac book, just not the pro. I've tried changing the resolution setting to no avail and tried various combinations of turning the laptop on before the tv, etc. Maybe I need a new adapter? Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15"
Reset the TV

Have you tried unplugging the TV?. I had a similar problem recently with an HDMI connection that just stopped working for no apparent reason. Turning the TV off and on didn't help it any, since it only puts the TV in standby mode. You need to unplug it force it to reset any connections that may have gotten screwed up.
If nothing else, it's worth a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.