smart phone not appearing when mounted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum Macbook
Hello,
I have had an HTC Droid Eris smart phone for about 3 weeks now and I love it generally. But I have this one issue that is now driving me nuts. When I plug it into my Macbook running OSX 10.5.8 and mount the drive, it only appears on the desktop and in Iphoto. It does not appear in ANY Finder window or list. This has not been a problem yet because I've been at work where I have an external monitor in addition to the Macbook's monitor and I can see the Eris on the desktop, double click it and manipulate the files. But this morning I am at home and have just the macbook. The only place I can see my Eris on the Macbook is in Iphoto. This is not helpful to me because I want to move a Voice Recorder file onto the Hard Drive and add some music to the Eris. But I cannot because I can't get at it unless I am in Iphoto.

Has anyone else experienced this with a phone or any external hard drive, which this phone is right now (It has a SD card that is mounted)? Does anyone have any suggestions?

The drive is mounted. And I have tried plugging in, mounting and then unmounting, plugging back in and then mounting again. Nothing.

Thanks for the help!
Charlie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.