Can two different people use iWeb to design one website?

Reaction score
Hi

My fiancée and I are in different countries and we would like to do a website for all wedding guests that will be visiting us from different countries.

My question is if my fiancée has started the web site on her iWeb (publishing to Mobile ME) is there a way I can also connect and edit the pages, add my own content etc etc using my Mac. I have my own Mobile ME but obviously I would like to connect to hers to help out.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
You could upload the domain file to your server as well then both of you could download it, edit it and then upload the most recent version of it for the other to edit next time. Just make sure you don't both do any editing at the same time!

Reaction score
Well, I don't know really if can two different people use iWeb to design one website. But one thing for sure is that dreamweaver is the top-of-the-line website design program, but it’s far too difficult to use for many people. iWeb simplifies everything. It works well!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
iWeb is not designed for multiple editor access.

True Bassist has a decent idea, but you'll have to zip the Domain file since it is actually a folder with other folders and files. Also, you have to make sure only one person edits it and then uploads it for the other to edit.

Another idea would be to parcel out the page responsibilities, figure out the layout and setup appropriate linking. This would be **** to maintain, it even reasonable with iWeb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.